The members of First Moravian Church of Riverside are excited to welcome the Reverend Rebecca Sisley to our congregation. Reverend Sisley will be installed as Pastor on March 19, 2017. Reverend Sisley is a 2010 graduate of Lycoming College and graduated from seminary in May, 2013. She married her college sweetheart, Vince later that year in November, 2013 and answered the call of worship. She was ordained as pastor for Sharon Moravian Church in Ohio, in December, 2013.
The Reverend and her husband welcomed the addition of their daughter, Alexandria last year to their family. For all of you lovers of the four-legged variety, they are also the proud parents of two dogs, Tonks and MoMo, and two cats, Simmons and Samson.
We here at First Moravian would also like to thank the Reverend George Richmond for coming out of retirement this past year and serving as our interim pastor. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your generosity and many interesting and enlightening sermons. You have truly been a blessing to our congregation.
We also would like to thank Mary Smith for her 20 years of service as church secretary, she officially retired at the end of February. As she embarks on this new adventure in her life of retirement, we hope she enjoys it, as it is well deserved. In turn, we welcome Ginny Lyons as our new church secretary, we wish her well as this new chapter in her life begins.
Here at Riverside Moravian Church, we are very thankful for the many blessings that have been bestowed upon us in the past and look forward to what the Lord has in store for us in the future.
The Moravian Church is
a Protestant denomination, in the mainline – moderate, committed
to keeping our focus on serving Christ in the world. We have
been doing so since 1457, making us the oldest Protestant church to be
organized. We have a long and fascinating history and a heritage
of service in diverse places and among many races around the world.
1. Welcome to Riverside Moravian - May 31, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhf2PSC397g
2. Holy, Holy, Holy - Riverside Moravian Choir - May 22, 2016
3. I'm Gonna Sing - Riverside Moravian Choir - June 5, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdIaKmK9pI
4. Fill My Cup, Lord - Riverside Moravian Choir - September
5. Sharon Claus in Prison Ministry - June 26, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMlm-3oJ-KI
6. The Pharisee - the Sinner - and Jesus (Part 1) June 12,
7. The Pharisee - the Sinner - and Jesus (Part 2) June 12,
8. Be Shrewd (Part 1) - Rev. George Richmond - September 18,
9. Be Shrewd (Part 2) - Rev. George Richmmond - September
10. The Lost and Our Ministry - Rev. George Richmond -
September 11, 2016https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7UGs4wO7qg
11. A blessed 4th of July - Miriam Tilden - July 4, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rScqHqlJIrc
12. One Bread, One Body - One Lord, Riverside Moravian Choir
- October 2, 2016https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aQtSDBzP2Q
13. Faith as a Mustard Seed, - Rev. George Richmond -
October 2, 2016https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-06I7wXup0
14. The Scriptures are for Salvation - Rev. George Richmond
- October 16, 2016 -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Rmi8J1abE
15.The Litany led by Lisa Baker, The Anthem - Let
There Be Peace On Earth - Riverside Moravian Choir - Oct 16, 2016 -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3GhGbkb89w
Children's Chat by Elsa Lucas -Riverside Moravian Church - October 16, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkiR9AEWt3A
First Moravian Church of Riverside · 228 E. Washington Street · Riverside, NJ 08075 · (856) 461-0132 · Fax: (856) 764-7032